The CCEA Digital Skills Framework takes the concepts behind the three broad tiers of digital skills and applies them to the context of a learner within a school setting. The framework should ensure that learners attending schools become:
- Digital Citizens, with the skills that will enable them to take part in digital aspects of society, safely and without hindrance;
- Digital Workers, who are able to apply their digital skills to further their learning or in a work-related setting; and
- Digital Makers, who are starting to build their own technology.
Students also work through a series of exercises to obtain certificates in competency using Microsoft products i.e. Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
Students will also learn about E-Safety in the following areas:
- Self-image and identity
- Online relationships
- Online reputation
- Online bullying
- Managing online information
- Health, well-being and lifestyle
- Privacy and security
- Copyright and ownership