Transitioning from Year 8 to Year 9 and from one school to another can be a daunting consideration, especially during our current Coronavirus Lockdown.
As a UTC we specialise in High tech facilities and this extends online with our home learning programme for our students. As an AUEA applicant we wanted to ensure that we also support your learning in your final months of Year 8 ensuring you feel ready to take the journey to AUEA Year 9 in September.
Introduction To Transition Work
To support you through this difficult time and your transition into AUEA, this page has been created to prepare you for our Curriculum and generally your time with us.
By completing the tasks below we hope to improve your Key Skills, which you will utilise during your studies with us, and also to give you time to get to know some of our lovely Year 9 Team through a range of activities and Microsoft Teams sessions.
What to expect?
· You will have a selection of tasks with both support and challenge aspects. So go ahead and challenge yourself!
· You will get to virtually meet your LRG tutors.
· You will get to see virtual tours of our School and Facilities and some introductory videos from our Department Heads.
In order for you to make the most of this time and the online learning provided, AUEA would like to see you engaging with tasks and Staff to support your transition.
Key things we are looking for:
- You have attempted all tasks set, to improve on your Key Skills
- You have engaged with all tasks and have shown willingness to attempt more challenging and extension sections
- You make sure you're up to date with all messages, by checking your school email at least once a day
- You attend all virtual lessons and VLRG sessions, on time.
How to submit your work?
You can either complete files online or print, complete and take a photo of your work. Any work completed should be returned to your teacher in September.
Introduction evening event.
LRG tutor introduction.
Introduction to your Year 9 Team
We have a fantastic year 9 team who are all on hand to help you in your transition into AUEA and onwards in your exciting progress through our UTC.
Assistant Principal - Pastoral and Learner Development
Mrs R. Acton
College Leader for September 2021
Mrs A. Hussain
Year 9 Tutors for September 2021
Mr J Heap - Lanchester 1
Mr M Clayton - Whittle 1
Mrs N Kousar - Shilling 1
Mrs C Jacobs - Hounsfield 1