Keeping Our Community Safe
As we return to School for the start of the new academic year, please note that visitors to campus are permitted strictly by appointment only, and only when your visit is essential.
If you are visiting our UTC with an appointment, please make sure that:
- You sign in on arrival
- You wash and/or sanitise your hands when you arrive and as necessary during your visit
- You wear a mask or face covering during your visit
- You maintain a safe distance (at least 1 metre, and ideally two meters) from other people at all times
We have comprehensive processes in place to keep our community safe. Further details are available on request, but key points include:
- We have developed a clear protocol and provision in the event of a member of staff or pupil presenting with COVID-19 symptoms while at school. This includes clearly defined safe areas for isolation until an individual can safely travel home.
- We have put in place enhanced handwashing facilities. This includes the installation of additional external sink units, and the installation of hand gel dispensers at all external entry points and to all classrooms.
- We will provide tissues to all classrooms, along with lidded waste bins for the safe storage of used tissues.
- We are asking all staff, students in the senior schools, and visitors to wear masks in corridors, on school buses, and other shared areas. Masks are optional in classes.
- We have put in place a comprehensive communications plan, delivered through posters across the site and verbal reminders from staff, to ensure good hand and respiratory hygiene.
- We have significantly enhanced cleaning provision. All our cleaning personnel have received specific training on cleaning for Covid-19.
- Our students have been grouped in “bubbles”, to help minimise any unnecessary contact and enable us to track any close contacts quickly if need arises.
- We are enforcing social distancing: verbal reminders and posters are reiterating the messaging, classrooms and dining rooms have been laid out to minimise face to face contact, and physical reminders such as barriers and line markings are in place to minimise inadvertent contact.
- We have a one way system around the building, which must be adhered to at all times except during an emergency evacuation.
- We have strict controls in place to ensure parents/carers do not come into school unless it is essential, and by appointment only.
- All staff have completed safety training in respect of Covid-19.